Friday, January 23, 2015

Centre of Rotation

I posted a video some time ago that required you to use the Centre of Rotation feature in Silhouette Studio to add a design element to a plastic pail for a monogram.

Someone has written to me to ask how she can display the centre of rotation circle in her program. When I filmed that tutorial, I was using version 2, but I no longer have version 2 installed so my screen above is from version 3 of the software.

Note that if you are using version 2, this feature is in the same please in Preferences.

The image below shows you where to find this feature in version 3.

My Preferences icon is displayed in the top right corner of the screen because I am using the Business Edition. If you are using the Designer or Regular edition, the Preferences icon will be in the lower right corner of your screen.

The video I am referring to is below.


5 comments:

  1. Hi there. I don't know what is going on, but I have tried everything to figure out how to turn my center of rotation tool on. I am using V3, and all of the options shown in the photo above are the exact same as mine. I have everything you have selected, selected. Please help! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For help with this, please join my Silhouette group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/silhouettecameo/ and post a screen shot of your Preferences settings so we can see where the problem is.

      Delete
  2. I can't seem to turn mine off, it's distracting and annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using version 3 also but under settings-default there is no option to turn the center of rotation on or off. I have flipped through all of the other tabs and have not seen the option anywhere. I am on a Mac. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. idem pour moi, pas cette option dans les reglages

      Delete